Hire an Intern
Startups and small businesses often lack the resources or time to address finding, paying for, and integrating interns. VFC offers Canada’s only Internship Program that exposes driven university and college students to entrepreneurial & work-readiness training so they can contribute from day one.
A program designed with the needs of small businesses in mind
Fast approval, flexible process, and simple, digital forms. No extra paperwork; we know you have a company to run!
Is this a fit for your business?
To meet the conditions of our funding, businesses and internships must meet the following criteria:
Be a small or medium-sized business, start-up, social enterprise, nonprofit, or charity
Registered (pre-Covid) in one of the following Canadian provinces: the Northern Territories, BC, AB, SK, MB, QC, NB, NS, PE or NL
Employ fewer than 500 people
Provide a safe and supportive internship that develops innovation or entrepreneurial skill-building opportunities
- International students;
- Recent graduates;
- Employers based exclusively in Ontario;
- Government departments and crown corporations;
- Credit unions;
- Post-Secondary Institutions
- Employer applications will be accepted until March 13, 2023
- Final Employer Onboarding Session will be held on March 16, 2023
- Final day to submit a job opportunity to the Internship Job Board is March 17, 2023 (or before funding has been fully allocated)
- Internship START date window: April 17, 2023 - May 15, 2023.
- Internship END date window: June 16 2023 - October 13, 2023.
- Each internship funding request cannot exceed 20 weeks. We will support an intern-employer match for up to two consecutive semesters.
- a woman studying in STEM;
- students with disabilities;
- an Indigenous student;
- a newcomer to Canada;
- a first-year student;
- a visible minority
- 1 Intern for organizations with 1-2 staff
- 2 interns for organizations with 3+ staff
- 2 Interns for organizations with 1-2 staff
- 3 Interns for organizations with 3-25 staff
- 4 Interns for organizations with 26+ staff
- Full and part-time students enrolled in an accredited Canadian college or university
- Studying any discipline, at any diploma or degree level
- Hold Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residency or refugee status (International students are not eligible)